Schedule your Shingles Vaccine
The Importance of the Shingles Vaccine
What is ZOSTAVAX and how does it work?
What do I need to know about shingles and the virus that causes it?
Who should not get ZOSTAVAX?
- are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- are allergic to gelatin or neomycin.
- have a weakened immune system (for example, an immune deficiency, leukemia, lymphoma, or HIV/AIDS).
- take high doses of steroids by injection or by mouth.
- are pregnant or plan to get pregnant.
How is ZOSTAVAX given?
What should I tell my health care provider before I get ZOSTAVAX?
- have or have had any medical problems.
- take any medicines, including non-prescription medicines, and dietary supplements.
- have any allergies, including allergies to neomycin or gelatin.
- had an allergic reaction to another vaccine.
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- •are breast-feeding.
What are the possible side effects of ZOSTAVAX?
- redness, pain, itching, swelling, warmth, or bruising where the shot was given.
- allergic reactions, which may be serious and may include difficulty in breathing or swallowing. If you have an allergic reaction, call your doctor right away.
What are the ingredients of ZOSTAVAX?
What else should I know about ZOSTAVAX?
We HIGHLY recommend those wanting to guarantee a shingles vaccine to book your appointment online as soon as possible. Individuals who schedule appointments will reserve their vaccine. This is based on Zostavax® availability by the manufacturer.
Step 1: Obtain a prescription from your doctor.
Discuss the Shingles Vaccine (Zostavax®) with your primary care physician. Your physician must write a prescription or call a prescription into the pharmacy in order for patients to receive the vaccine. Most Medicare Part D prescription insurance companies will pay for the vaccine and only require the patients to pay their prescription co-pay. Physicians can call the Zostavax® vaccine prescription into Hayden’s Pharmacy at 724-925-1400.
Step 2: Schedule your shingles vaccine appointment.
Choose from the available times listed on the clinic schedule.
Mondays – 2pm – 5pm
Wednesdays and Thursdays – 8am – 5pm
Fridays – 8am – 2pm
Saturdays – 2nd and 4th week of the month – 8am – 12pm
*Appointments are scheduled every 30 minutes.
Complete the information form below.
Note: Your appointment time may be adjusted within the hour requested due to scheduling availability. Our scheduling department will email your confirmation letter and appointment information within 24 hours.